Monday, September 5, 2011

A Brief 30 in 30 Addendum

Just a quick note - I'm guessing nearly 100% of the songs I will discuss this month were made known to me via radio, vinyl, a friend, etc. and WITHOUT any video enhancement (or dis-enhancement, as appropriate). In retrospect, hard to say how that would have factored into my like or dislike of the song. I do remember when MTV came along, though, that I couldn't figure out why I would like a song BETTER because of the video; I mean, when I played it in my room, say, or heard it on the radio, I sure wasn't seeing the video then, and I would ultimately have to like the song on its own merits, with or without David Coverdale's wife splayed on the hood of a car (dislike). So perhaps I've answered my own question...

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.