Saturday, September 24, 2011

30 in 30, 9/22/11 - "Good Girls Don't", The Knack

Yes, absolutely - juvenile to a certain extent. Or maybe not even to a certain extent. BUT to this 15 year old Catholic boy going to an all boys' Catholic school, well, it certainly spoke to SOMETHING ELSE, and they were so relentlessly UPBEAT, and they had these nice suits and ties, and there was a harmonica! I mean how nasty could the song possibly be? Well, pretty nasty, I guess.

Added information - lest you've forgotten, on that same debut record was a nice cover of Buddy Holly's Heartbeat, and some other really fine pop love songs, like Oh Tara.

Bonus Trivia: lead singer Doug Fieger's brother was Dr. Kevorkian's lawyer.

Super Extra Bonus Trivia: in 1981 I saw Pat Benatar like maybe second row center at the Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, CA (David Johansen opened). I had seen the Knack at the Forum a year or so before in nosebleed seats, but the night I saw Ms. Benatar (it was October; the Dodgers defeated the Yankees in a World Series game that day, Fernando got the W) we were sitting about four to six rows in front of the Knack's bassist. Yes, we had better seats than the Knack's bassist! He even spoke to us for some reason; I forget why exactly. As I recall, his date was attractive.

BEYOND Super Extra Bonus Trivia: Ms. Benatar did not make my 30 in 30.

Good Girls Don't.

IBL:mm

3 comments:

  1. But I do ....

    Good lord, your list is taking me, well, back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I believe I may have mentioned to you before, I aim to please...

    Couldn't help but think of your lovely sister when I posted the Pure Prairie League...

    xomm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having pursued this research over years with the rigour and thoroughness befitting a scholar, I am pleased to report that good girls actually do.

    Anything for science.

    ReplyDelete

Civility.