Saturday, September 3, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days

So I had a plan to do this 30 songs in 30 days thing in September for a couple of friends (G and Big Al) and Danielle. Then I thought, you know, fuck it - why do I have a blog if I don't post more shyte to said blog? So, yes, we are a couple of days into September, but I plan to first get caught up, then get something out on a daily basis. And what, pray tell, might I be getting out there?

I will, daily, send a link to a particular song. I will include a little paragraph about when I first heard the song, why I liked it then, why I like it (or don't) now, what it meant to me, how it may have caused me to think differently, etc. In short, how the art of music influenced me and, based on any response that you might have to these particular songs, or any other songs that made an impact on you for whatever reason at whatever time (Paul Romano I'm really hoping you'll play along with this one, Sir), how the art of music might have influenced you. I'm hoping it will be a way to look at trajectories and memories, and welcome any and all input, including musical selections of your own choosing you might care to post.

Thanks,
IBL:mm

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Mike!!!
    Coming in October: Top Scorers on THE CAR TEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, I don't even know what the Car Test is!

    ReplyDelete

Civility.