Friday, May 17, 2013

Dick's Burgers, Seattle

Apparently if a body grew up in Seattle, a body has been going to Dick's Burgers since before conscious memory.  Dick's is a chain, though a small one - I think there are something like six to ten of them throughout the city (citation needed).  As I try not to eat all that much red meat, Dick's was not on my To Do List these first eighteen months in Seattle.  But, Wednesday, as I left the dentist on 45th Street in Wallingford, there was a Dick's about a block and a half down and, well, I was hungry.

So my first thought is this - be careful as you walk through the parking lot, at least at this Dick's, because cars are coming and going at a pretty good clip (it was the lunch rush hour).  Not to mention the lines at the windows move pretty fast, too.  I placed my order (a quarter pound burger, fries, and a chocolate shake (for an extra nickel I also got a small paper cup of diced onions)) and had my food in about sixty seconds.  The burger and fries were hot (burger: juicy; fries: thin, soft, golden), the shake cold.  And although perhaps not any one of these items was five star, I have to say each and every one was damn tasty, and my tri-cornered lunch (which I spread out on top of a recycling container, no place to sit if you didn't bring a car!) set me back $7.01.

I was pleasantly surprised by Dick's Burgers, I have to say, and will undoubtedly return again.

IBL:mm

2 comments:

  1. Dick's is great love them at midnight after drinking!!!!
    Another small chain burger place called Red Mill is super delightful. The one near you would be on Phinney ridge on the last part of Greenwood Ave. But there is a new one down at the locks. You should go there, you can see a fish ladder and boats going from fresh to salt water, plus there is a nice garden to smell your way through this summer!!!
    Have you been to the Street fairs? This weekend will be the "U-district". Hand crafts, food, art, weird people to look at, a vegan all u can eat place, Jay and I stop and have $5. drink special. Bands on different stages. Some people bring their dogs. The solstice parade in June is also fun. Nude bike riders in paint are a high light of the parade, but that's not till next month. You know me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all this, Ginger. I was actually at the locks yesterday, coincidentally. And I HAVE had Red Mill and like them very much, probably more than Dick's...

    ReplyDelete

Civility.