Thursday, June 20, 2013

The End of Valverde Watch

I guess I don't see the point any more in tracking Tigers' closer Jose Valverde's every move.  I thought it was going to be a great story - after his meltdown last year he returns to the Tigers and actually gets the job done, they win a championship, blah blah blah.  But after last night's game I am through, and I trust the Tigers are through with him ASAP.  In case you missed it, Jose came in last night with Detroit down by six "just to work out some kinks".  He gave up back to back singles, then a double, then a home run, and the Tigers were down by 10.  Though, to be fair, he only allowed one more hit the rest of the inning.  So, farewell Valverde Watch, you did serve a purpose for a time, and I'll never forget you, Old Friend, never...

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.