Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Personal Gift to MOMA's Collection

In truth, it seems criminal to create all of this fine art and, then, send some of it to the odd friend, sure; post a few photos of said fine art in this space; let a great deal of it accumulate in a plastic drawer in our living room.  So I have, quite rightly, decided to share a tiny bit of the wealth with MOMA...

A few weeks ago a phrase popped into my head and I jotted it down on a scrap of paper.  A couple of days later I found the scrap laying on the counter and took a quick photo, which you can find in these very pages, 1/26/13.  I held on to the paper and a few weeks later added a sort of imprimatur I've been working on, a "variation" of the Black Sheets of Rain "series" I was doing early last year (check out 3/22/12 for a reminder, or simply search Black Sheets of Rain).  The imprimatur comes with a cross at times - other times it is cross-free.


















As MOMA thoughtfully provided us with this pre-paid envelope (I will add the extra two cents), and the piece in question fits inside quite nicely, I have decided to send it out in Tuesday's post for inclusion in their permanent collection.


















A generous gift if I do say so myself...


IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.