Friday, August 10, 2012

At Work on "The Mercy Seat"

Yesterday in these very pages I featured the photograph of a detail from a recent art project I'd completed, "The Mercy Seat" (named after a Nick Cave song).  Today, thought I would include this photograph which shows my "work station" at the Little Red Hen (in the window to the left of the front door).  The "finished" piece is on the right of the table; to its left on white paper is my practice round from earlier in the year.  And then of course some pens and markers and a plastic bag that is likely hiding the chalk; tape measure; cup of water; the requisite Detroit hat, natch; the Rainier; and, possibly my favorite - though I was alone on this afternoon/evening, there are TWO glasses of Wild Turkey 101 on the table.  One can never be too prepared in the name of art.


IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.