Friday, May 18, 2012

"Fuck All Those Perfect People", Chip Taylor and the New Ukrainians

And so off to the right someplace there is a Decorum page, and it talks about Civility and Civility's relationship to this blog.  One might wonder, then, with a Civility mandate in place, how IBL could feature a song with a title such as this, and it's a fair point to discuss, and I have a few things to say on the subject.  However, I want to hold off on that discussion until posting Fuck You Anita Bryant by David Allen Coe, which will likely be early next week.  I think any further comments will be more appropriate then.

In the meantime, what we have here today is, to my mind, a lovely and gentle song.  It is attached to what I can only imagine is the official video (though I'm not sure which network would be featuring it), and I would, of course, be curious to hear people's thoughts on the song and, also, how it relates or (if you think so) doesn't relate to the video.

(Quick Chip Taylor trivia - brother of John Voight, which makes him Miss Jolie's uncle.  Also, wrote Wild Thing (!) and Angel of the Morning, among other songs...)

"Sleepy eyes, waltzing through/No, I'm not talking 'bout you."

Fuck All the Perfect People...


IBL:mm

1 comment:

Civility.