Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Detachable Penis", King Missile

Further evidence that my finger has never been anywhere near the pulse of Popular Culture, I give you King Missile's Detachable Penis. Apparently this song came out in 1992 which is - and brace yourself - twenty years ago. Me? I first heard it last Saturday on my Outlaw Country station (yes, I know: but they're eclectic that way, especially Shooter Jennings' Electric Rodeo). So likely you have already heard this song and long ago dismissed it as frivolous or, you know, dumb, but my Detachable Penis arc is only just beginning, so please be patient with me...

IBL Trivia - at one point, our DP narrator goes to Kiev Restaurant in the East Village. I, too, have eaten at Kiev, though it is no longer in existence. So as you can see there is a certain amount of sentimental attachment here for me...

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.