Thursday, February 16, 2012

"Here Comes That Rainbow Again", Kris Kristofferson

He may not be the greatest singer we have, and God knows he isn't the best actor, but Kris Kristofferson has written great song after great song for years and years, and IBL is happy to spotlight some of them over the coming weeks and months (Small Faces on the back burner for now).

You are likely familiar with Sunday Morning Coming Down, a huge hit for Johnny Cash; For the Good Times, a huge hit for Ray Price; and Bobby McGee, a huge hit for Janis. I'd like to focus on some songs that are, to my mind anyway, less familiar but equally brilliant, like this one.

Here Comes That Rainbow Again...

IBL:mm

2 comments:

  1. It has sort of bugged me over the years that I love "Why Me, Lord?" so much. But that's one great song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Paul - you know, it really is. That may appear here at some point I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete

Civility.