Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Infection By Light Art Institute

On February 25th, 2017, Danielle and I went to the Mother Aerie Eagles' Club on Lake City Way in what I would believe would be the Maple Leaf neighborhood in Seattle.  The intention was to see live music performed by Jenny and the Tomcats, and perhaps there would be a dance or two.  But having been to the Mother Aerie previously (in fact just the week before), I also knew they had lovely giant chalkboards on which I could do a little art in between sets, or even when the music was playing.  Then, after the work was done, I could simply take a picture and walk away (see these pages dated May 8th, 2017 and July 31st, 2017 for examples of this).  But no sooner did I lay out my initial grid, the standard 3 x 3 squares, than I attracted a crowd, and it became my duty to eschew my own artistic ambitions for the evening and to EDUCATE.

These four snaps taken by Danielle or POSSIBLY Robin Wood, I'm just not sure now.

And, after the lesson, the five of us (we were subsequently joined by a little boy) created our masterpiece, which gets a blog post of its own following this.





2 comments:

Civility.