Tuesday, January 9, 2018

"Box Shaped Heart"
















Completed on a wall of Michael Fox's home (on the wall where he hangs his very own in-progress canvasses; he was kind enough to grant me some space), I knew before I started it I was going to leave it behind - a gift, yes.  Which allowed me a freedom I might not have otherwise felt, though I'm not sure I could describe why.  When we left it was hard to say goodbye, but she has a good home and that makes me happy.  It's still up on his wall today and, if I was going to leave a gift behind, I'm Goddamn happy to know it's one of the best things I've done.  And it is.  In any event -

lipstick, pencil, crayon and POSSIBLY some glue (I think so, yes) on paper, 6 x 8.5 inches, Thanksgiving night 2017, Long Island City, Queens.

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.