Friday, March 7, 2014

My Dead Father Received Quite a Bit of Mail

I mean it happens, of course.  It might have happened to you with a loved one of your very own.  It's nobody's fault, but I'd come home to visit my mother months later, more than a year later one time; I'd run out to the mailbox and there it would be - "Mr. Murray - DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!"  Or it was time to renew his Driver's License.  (I still have it, his last Driver's License, in his last wallet, with a variety of other cards and six one dollar bills.)  Or AARP wanted to share some important news.

Danielle and I moved into our new condo in Seattle this past Saturday, and I was reminded of my dead father's mail just yesterday when I received something addressed to Mei Tso Sporman, who lived here before us, and from whose estate we bought our home.  I expect I will be seeing quite a bit of her name in the coming weeks and months.  Wherever it is that she may be, I sincerely send her my very best.


IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.