Friday, July 8, 2011

July Poems

I've posted a couple of poems for July; you can see them off to the right, there, on their respective pages. The first, Two Skeletons, is based on a drawing we own by Alva Svoboda (titled the same). I don't think you need to see the drawing to get the idea of the poem. The second, Carry Off a Little Darkness On My Back, is drawn from a line from my favorite Johnny Cash song. And a word on that - via Netflix you can get old episodes of the Johnny Cash show and, on one of them, he performs the Man in Black. As I recall, he's just finished writing it the day before, and he hasn't mastered the lyrics yet, so he has them in front of him on stage as he's singing. This on network national television. Reality programming of a different sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.