Tuesday, January 11, 2022

"Saint Michael Battles the Orangemen" (with Danielle McArthur)


Much like the "Collaboration" piece featured in these very pages on 5/18/21, the large portion of this objet d'art was something Danielle was working on and then felt ready to leave behind, unfinished.  I asked her if I could hold on to it and see what I could do, and thusly we have this.

Exactly what materials Danielle used I don't know, but certainly some kind of paint on brown paper.  I added - stickers, painters' tape, staples, a portion of Finnegans Wake that our dog, Anna Livia Plurabelle (named for a character in FW!) destroyed (ironic commentary?), and a couple of rescues from a pamphlet on St. Michael.  14.5 x 13 inches, Saturday, January 8th, 2022, Cathedral Hill, San Francisco.

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.