Saturday, June 27, 2020

In Which I Send a Piece of Original Art to My Alma Mater, Don Bosco Technical Institute, Rosemead, California

I went to high school at Don Bosco Technical Institute in Rosemead, California.  At that time, it was a five year program - three years of high school, then two years of junior college (I studied electronics), and you left with an A.S. Degree.  Now, I believe, it is a four year high school only.  The team name was "The Techmen".  One cheerleader from a "sister" school was incredibly sexy, I remember that.  Bosco Tech was all boys, and run by the Salesians.

Recently, they sent me a letter asking for money.  I decided I might have something far more valuable for them.


That's right, I thought it might be best for me to send them some original art.  I also included this note.


(There is no alumni museum.)

And, so, the art -


To be clear that cross was made out of strips of cardboard from a Pabst Blue Ribbon 12-pack.  It's not very big, couple inches at most.  Not sure how much money it would fetch if they tried to put it out on the open market.

Oh, and the envelope -


(In case you wanted to send some $$$ their way.)

Hate the sinner, love the sin.

IBL:mm


2 comments:

Civility.