Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"Who Are You To Tell Others For Whom I Died?"
















Okay so then there's this.  First published in these pages on 10/9/12, it was untitled.  But something about it always bothered me - perhaps that it seemed intentionally antagonistic, which I did not mean it to be.  I meant it to be a commentary on The Christ's sacrifice for all of humanity, not just for those annoying "Christians Aren't Perfect Just Forgiven" folks.  And so it sat around, and I looked at it a bunch of times (over five years).  And so but then last week in Kalispell, Montana, I added only the portion of matchbook and it made all the difference to me in conjunction with the eye black I have been using on so many other pieces of late (see A Play in Five Acts on 8/23/17; You Thought God Was An Architect, Now You Know on 1/28/17, and there are others).

So - Pencil, felt pen, crayon, glue and torn matchbook on coaster, 3.5 x 3.5 inches, 9/30/12 (Wedgwood Broiler, Wedgwood, Seattle), and completed on 8/31/17, ScottiBelli's Ristorante, Kalispell, MT.

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.