Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Conversation With My Mother

This is an accurate rendering of a portion of a brief conversation I had with my mother yesterday.  To be fair, she was on her way out the door to church, but I did offer to call back another time.  No, she said, she wanted to hear what was up.  So I told her -

  • The job that I wanted I didn't get.
  • My brother PJ (different mothers) is in the intensive care unit of a Central Valley, CA hospital with sepsis, pneumonia, water in his lungs, etc.
  • Another person close to me was recently diagnosed with a far less serious but still not inconsequential medical condition.

To which my mother responded, "Well, I'm glad to hear everything's going okay up there."

Seriously.

I have long contended to Danielle that my mother does not listen to a word I say during our phone calls.  This seems to be the clearest evidence of that to date.


IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.