Thursday, November 29, 2012

Interlude, True (Baptism)

Do you reject Satan?
I couldn't possibly know.

And all his works?
I couldn't possibly know.

Do you reject sin, so as to live in the freedom of God's children?
I couldn't possibly know, that's why you answer for me.

Do you reject the glamor of evil, and refuse to be mastered by sin?
I couldn't possibly know.
 
Do you reject Satan, father of sin and prince of darkness?
I couldn't possibly know.

Do you believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth?
I couldn't possibly know, and I can't speak - that's why you answer for me.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, and was buried, rose from the dead, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father?
I couldn't possibly know.

Do you believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting?
I couldn't possibly know.

This is our faith. This is the faith of the Church. We are proud to profess it, in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Are we? I couldn't possibly know.


IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.