Monday, September 24, 2012

Tableaux Under the Stairs

A brief update on our progress downstairs (please look back over the last couple of posts if you don't know what I'm on about)...

As you can see from the photo, my unknown opponent has not moved the white king out of check.  Speculation: he or she went away for the weekend.  However, somebody has graciously placed a stick of gum on each of the two Sapphire bottles in the foreground.  I believe this to be a third party, otherwise why not move the white king? I added a baby picture (oh yes, it's me) in the back on the left and Le Voila!


IBL:mm

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmn ... might it be that your opponent isn't ready to make a move yet, and wants to chew on it for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Sophie - they might be chewing indeed. As there was, again, no move this AM, is this not "gone for the weekend" but "on vacation"? Or they meant to move the queen out that far and not the king and are wondering what it all means? Or are the deliberately NOT moving the king but are the ones who added the gum as a different sort of "move". I will continue to dutifully monitor, of course...

    ReplyDelete

Civility.