Wednesday, December 14, 2011

(In Which I Talk A Little About Some of the Upcoming Music I May Well Be Talking a Little About...)

So, back in September, I did the 3o Songs in 30 Days bit, including songs that had some kind of impact/influence on me from, say, childhood to my very early 20s. I believe at the time I threatened to follow that up down the road with some music that may have had an impact on me since then, including, you know, stuff I may have heard just this week. Consider this fair warning, then - that threat is well nigh upon us...

So, although I will likely reminisce about songs from my youth as they occur to me, I'm also going to start talking about songs that I did not become aware of until my "mature" years (aw, shut up!). Of course, many of these songs could well have been recorded before I was born; certainly others will be of a more recent vintage. And, again, I hope you will consider adding any recent discoveries you might have made (old or new) that will help round out my musical knowledge. Or, really, any song you'd care to share, recent discovery or not. I'd sure appreciate it, and we could put it right here in the main feed should you feel so inclined...

Thanks in advance...


IBL:mm

2 comments:

  1. Courtesy of NPR, I just discovered a song called "Indian Summer" by a band called Canon Blue that is a perfect piece of pop confection. I listened to the entire album via the band's website afterward, and though there are a couple of good tunes (especially "Chicago"), nothing is quite as delicious as "Indian Summer." Check it out:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E67VBL3GTrg&feature=autoshare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to it now, John. It is quite lovely, yes. I am (predictably) unfamiliar with the band. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete

Civility.