Friday, August 19, 2011

Tacoma, Washington - the Paris of the Pacific Northwest

(at least so sayeth Bid Daddy...)

And so I just wanted to say this about Tacoma - the people up here are fucking nice. I don't know if this will carry over to Seattle; don't know if it even stretches as far west as Gig Harbor or north up to Fife. Simply don't know. What I DO know is the people in Tacoma, in general, couldn't be any fucking nicer. In their cars, passing them on the sidewalk, in parking lots, in supermarkets, at the bars, doesn't matter. FAR nicer than the people in San Francisco (again, in general). Now, if I had to choose betwixt the two cities as far as a place to live, I'd take San Francisco. San Francisco simply has more to offer than Tacoma, which is no knock on Tacoma. But that choice would not have anything to do with the friendly people here; it would be in spite of the friendly people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.