Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Electrified Fences for the Queers

Perhaps you have read and/or heard about Pastor Charles Worley (a Baptist - I know, what a shock!) of North Carolina who has some interesting things to say about our lesbian and gay brothers and sisters.  If you have not seen it, you can find it here, second video clip on the page...

But this is the crux of his suggestion, and why some people are a wee tad grumpy with him - 

"I figured a way out, a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers but I couldn’t get it past the Congress – build a great big large fence, hundred; 50 or a hundred mile long. Put all the lesbians in there, fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. And have that fence electrified so they can’t get out.  And you know what? In a few years they will die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce."

(I guess the notion of dropping in some food is somewhat Christian, although I have to wonder if it's a one-time deal (also, no word on healthcare or even access to the Cooking Channel)).

I like words, I truly do.  I love looking at them, reading them, and moving them around into different shapes and patterns.  So, rather than get myself all worked up over this particular round of bigotry and hatred, bigotry and hatred that appears to be both anti-Christian as well as anti-American, I decided to play with words - the ones you are reading now, for starters, and the ones you can read in the post directly above this should you care to visit there now...


IBL:mm




No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.