Thursday, February 9, 2012

Monty Dicksion Has Found IBL

I posted a short piece in these pages on 1/5/12 titled Christians Aren't Perfect, Just Forgiven. Several people I know responded. But, then, last week, I found a comment awaiting moderation from Monty Dicksion. In his comment (nine or ten words) he indicated I had misperceptions about Christianity (or perhaps his comment was directed at one of the other comments? Not 100% certain either way). There was no analysis to go along with his criticism, no attempt to "enlighten" in any way. Of course I posted Monty's comment, then sent him a follow-up note welcoming him to IBL, and encouraging him to go a little deeper. Nothing so far, but I hold out hope...

That's the background, but here's the point - I know people who comment on this blog, and I know people who follow this blog without necessarily commenting. Outstanding either way. But the common denominator there is that I know the people. Monty Dicksion I do not know. Which means Monty was out there on the inter-web searching for this, that, or the other thing and somehow stumbled upon my humble blog. I can't begin to tell you how happy that makes me.

Onward and upward...

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.