Saturday, September 29, 2012

"The Killing Type", Amanda Palmer

The first I heard of Amanda Palmer was last night, after Danielle found a note about her in a local paper (she is doing a show in Seattle tomorrow night).  We went to her website and watched this video.  I was impressed, I have to say.

Today she was on my mind, and a quick Wikipedia search alerted me to the fact she was part of Dresden Dolls (the name was familiar to me but I'm unfamiliar with their music as far as I know (I will likely remedy this state of affairs)).  She is 36, so she's been doing this for awhile.  This is what happens when you spend the majority of your time listening to the Outlaw Country station on Satellite Radio; perhaps if I spent a little more time over at the Underground Garage...?

In any event, I re-watched the video this morning and, in truth, I find the whole thing pretty fantastic.  It is not impossible Ms. Palmer is a familiar name to everybody but me, so apologies in advance if you are already in the loop.  Also, it is not impossible that some of the images here may not be your cup of tea...

 And, with that, The Killing Type by Amanda Palmer...


IBL:mm 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.