Sunday, September 16, 2012

Collage Art by Geoffrey Bankowski

A brief word on the hand-torn paper collage work of Geoffrey Bankowski, but before I go any further, full disclosure - Geoff is one of my best friends.  That being said (and you'll have to take me at my word) I wouldn't be Joe Collage Pimp if I didn't think he was doing good work...

If you click on the link further down the page you will find snaps of Geoff's work on his website.  We own, I believe, seven of his collages (work from Series I, II and III).  The first one he gave us as a gift, and it hangs directly inside the front door of our apartment...



















Here is a snap from our living room where three hang together to give you an idea of what they might look like on the wall (sunny day in Seattle!).














(And because why not - please note "Centurion Piercing Christ's Side" hanging to the right (featured in these pages on 3/1/12), and "Mrs. Cross" (presented here 6/9/12) atop the CD rack.)

So take a peek, see what you think, and give a shout out to Geoff if you are interested in his work.  For one of them artist types, he's very approachable...

A link to the website for Geoffrey Bankowski's Hand-torn Paper Collage...


IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.