Thursday, August 30, 2018

"I Made a Kite for Larry Nixon a Year After He Died and I Would Like to Believe He Would Have Enjoyed Flying It"




















The majority of this piece was an old discarded art project by Danielle McArthur, which is to say the paper base and the red and tan tissue paper glued to it.  She allowed I could reclaim it.  I added - the post-it note, the spine of Child of God for an extended tail, the postage stamp and the postal sticker, as well as the writing in pencil.  Conceived of in Seattle, the summer of 2016, about a year after Larry died.  The pieces were all mostly in place but it took me awhile to anchor them down in a final form.  Avoidance issues I would imagine.  20 x 14 inches, Sunday, August 26th, 2018, Cathedral Hill, San Francisco.

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.