Sunday, February 17, 2013

"The Weakest Man", Mike Cooley

Mike Cooley is one of the two singer/songwriters who currently front Drive-By Truckers (Patterson Hood the other).  It is fair to say, I should think, that DBT are IBL's favorite rock band.  And by that I mean favorite, period.  In any event, the front men occasionally do solo tours, and this week Mike Cooley comes to the Tractor Tavern in Seattle, just him and his guitar (I saw Patterson Hood and the Downtown Ramblers last October at the Tractor, one of the finer shows I have seen in awhile).  To say we are excited about this Thursday's Mike Cooley show would be an extreme understatement.

And, so, the first of several I will be putting out there this week, DBT songs that Cooley is doing on his own -

The Weakest Man


IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.