Thursday, October 20, 2011

"I Love You Period", Dan Baird

The unabashed joy I get EVERY TIME I hear this song probably exceeds the actual quality of the song; but there's no accounting for taste and, of course, a pure emotional response.

Other thoughts -

  • You know, wanted to go a bit lighter after the Randy Newman.
  • From an album titled "Love Songs for the Hearing Impaired".
  • He looks like he could NOT be having a better time screwing up his lip-syncing in this video. That makes me happy.
  • His band is named Homemade Sin, which also makes me happy.
  • At some point was (is?) the singer for Georgia Satellites (but likely some of you already knew that).
  • All in all, a song about punctuation correction? How could I not like it? And the line "I want to hold you in parentheses" absolutely slays me. (And then the teacher's, "here's the way that it should have went"..)
I Love You Period...

IBL:mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility.